During Engine, Propeller & Accessory removal and Installation
- Follow exactly the applicable STC and Service Manual procedures for installation.
- Used propellers and governors must be flushed thoroughly.
- Propeller Handling
• Do not leave un-installed propellers open.
• Cap off all oil inlets and threaded studs.
• Ensure blades are well protected.
- O-ring Installation
• Verify the o-ring is installed.
• Lubricate groove area.
• Install on crankshaft flange evenly.
• Verify groove area is not cut or scored.
- Crankshaft and Propeller
• Verify clean and lubricated.
• O-ring area smooth.
• Do not allow prop attach studs to cut or bind in the crankshaft holes.
• Torque up prop evenly per service manual or propeller placard.
• Safety wire the studs on Hartzell props. apply torque seal to studs
- Engine Installation Procedures
• All re-used oil lines and hoses must be flushed.
• The propeller governor must be flushed if re-used.
• All other components such as the turbocharger, the turbo controller, the wastegate, and the air-oil separator canister must be flushed.
- Engine RPM Fluctuations
• If fluctuations occur, discontinue operation as soon as practical.
Contact a customer service advisor.