RAM OHE of a Tornado Alley Turbo Normalized Continental IO-550-B Engine
- Horsepower - 300 hp
- TBO - 1700 hrs.
- SAP Millennium Cylinders - NE
- Crankcase - heavy
w/ 7th studs - OHE
- Crankshaft - OHE
- Camshaft - RAM High Efficiency- NE
- Starter - OHE
- Spark plugs - New
- Magneto Harness - Champion - New
- Magnetos - Champion Slick 6310 - OHE or Bendix - OHE as required by serial number of airplane
- Couplings - Induction Manifold - New
- Inter-cylinder baffles: Refurbished
and painted - OHE
- Oil Cooler - Flushed and inspected - exchange
- Oil Filter - New
- Balance - crankshaft
and rod sets - exchange
Tornado Alley Turbo Normalized STC required engine component changes:
- Fuel Pump - Overhaul Customers at TAT - normal two week turn at TAT
- Fuel Controller - Overhaul customers at TAT - normal two week turn at TAT
- Starter Adapter - STC specific - add for adapter with air conditioning pulley - Customer specify - OHE
- GAMI injectors - Send customers to GAMI for reflowing-normal one week turn at GAMI
- Core Return Policy - See: RAM Exchange Core Policy Below.
- Also see:
RAM Value Option
& Compliance Items.
OHE = Overhauled Exchange
NE = New Exchange -OEM or PMA
New = New Outright - OEM or PMA
New Items = Subject to test time,
ferry time and inventory time.
|Kit Components - Packaged Separately and Included
- Air Filter - RAM - new
- Baffle Seal kit - RAM pre-cut SureStand red silicone rubber - new
- Throttle assembly - OHE
- Induction hose - manifold to throttle - new
- Gasket - throttle - new
- Tornado Alley Turbo Normalized STC required kit components:
- Turbo Controller - STC specific - OHE
- Turbo Charger - STC specific - OHE
- Wastegate - STC specific - OHE
- Overboost Relief Valve - STC specific - OHE
RAM OHE Engine
This package is fro airplanes that have the TAT STC already applied.
CMG IO-550-B: $51,056
Shipped - exchange, or Custom Overhauled - exchange
Requires a Continental IO-550-B data tag be returned with the core engine . A converted IO-520 data tag is not a like core tag and requires a $3,500 replacement fee.
- RAM Overhauled Engine TBO Warranty:
100% Engine and accessories for the 1st year, or 500 hrs, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, the engine only is warranted on a prorata basis to TBO at RAM’s reduced minimum accrual rate of only 30 hours per month, thus extending coverage over four years. For complete details go to www.ramaircraft.com/ramtbowarranty
- Exchange Core Policy: Engine, crankcase, exhaust, accessories, propeller, governor, and hardware items are only sold on an exchange basis, based upon the customer's exchange of like type and normal runout cores as removed from subject aircraft, and serviceable to RAM's overhaul specifications. Cores should be returned within 30 days of RAM OHE engine shipment, or immediately with a RAM installation.
Non-serviceable core fees will be due and payable to RAM.
- Items not included: Vacuum pump, alternator, hoses, exhaust risers and exhaust parts
are not included unless specified by an optional purchase order and a work
order supplement issued at the time of engine order placement.
- Starter Adapter:Starter adapter with freon compressor drive and serviceable AC pulley (exchange) - Add: $1,600
- Customer’s Baffles: RAM will refurbish and install the remainder of the
customer’s serviceable engine baffles and a new RAM SureStand baffle seal kit, if the customer will ship them to RAM at least seven working days prior to engine shipment to the customer. Price does not include replacement of missing or unrepairable baffles. Per engine: $450 OEM style baffles only.
- Customer - Discuss the following with your RAM Representative before ordering
- Tornado Alley Turbo advises that an inspection of the exhaust components is necessary at time of engine and turbo-normalizing system overhaul. Those items must be sent to TAT for inspection and will normally require a two week turnaround. Call Tornado Alley Turbo for current service costs.
- Exhaust sent to TAT for inspection - Inspection only: $180 Replacement or overhaul of exhaust is an additional charge.
- Fuel and oil hose kits are available from TAT: $1,932
|Optional Parts and Engine Installation Items
- Cylinder Upgrade Options:
• Upgrade SAP Millennium cylinders to nickel: $1,500 per engine.
• Ask your RAM Representative for current market prices for CMG cylinders.
- New 100 amp Alternator Package:
Hartzell Engine Technologies ALV9610 with nut, thrust washer, cotter key, and
overhauled Alternator clutch. When purchased with an engine RAM will install for
no additional cost. (Retail $2,181) Only when purchased with a RAM engine:
$1,662 each - Exchange