RAM OHE Continental GTSIO-520-L Engine
- Horsepower - 375 hp
- TBO - 1600 hrs.
- CMG New Steel Cylinders - NE
- Crankcase - heavy w/7th studs - OHE
- Crankshaft - OHE
- Camshaft - NE
- Propeller shaft, quill shaft,
and reduction gear - OHE
- Starter and starter drive - OHE
- Spark plugs - new
- Magneto harness - new
- CMG/Bendix Magnetos - OHE
[ non pressurized ]
- Oil filter - new
[ might be packed separately per S/N ]
- Fuel injection system - OHE
- Induction couplings
intake manifold - new
- Metal baffles - refurbished
and painted - exchange
- Baffle seals - RAM SureStand
red silicone rubber - new
- Oil cooler: Flushed and inspected - exchange
- Balance - crankshaft
sets - exchange
- Core Return Policy - See:
RAM Exchange Core Policy Below.
- Also see:
RAM Value Options
& Compliance Items.
OHE = Overhauled Exchange
NE = New Exchange -OEM or PMA
New = New Outright - OEM or PMA
New Items = Subject to test time,
ferry time and inventory time.
|Kit Components - Packaged Separately and Included
- Coupler - throttle body to turbo - new
- Throttle and control assembly - OHE
- Turbocharger - OHE
- Turbo controller - OHE
- Overboost relief valve - OHE
- Intercooler - inspect and repair - exchange
- Air filter - new
- Spare accessory gasket set - new
|RAM OHE Engine CMG
Shipped - exchange, or Custom Overhauled - exchange
- RAM Overhauled Engine TBO Warranty:
100% Engine and accessories for the 1st year, or 500-hrs, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, the engine only is warranted on a prorata basis to TBO at RAM’s reduced minimum accrual rate of only 30 hours per month, thus extending coverage over four years. For complete details go to www.ramaircraft.com/ramtbowarranty
- Exchange Core Policy: Engine, crankcase, exhaust, accessories, propeller, governor,
and hardware items are only sold on an exchange basis, based upon the customer's
exchange of like type and normal runout cores as removed from subject aircraft, and serviceable to RAM's overhaul specifications. Cores should be returned within
30 days of RAM OHE engine shipment, or immediately with a RAM installation.
Non-serviceable core fees will be due and payable to RAM.
- Items not included: Vacuum pump, alternator, tach generator, hoses, wastegate,
exhaust risers and exhaust parts are not included unless specified by
a RAM Work Order Supplement.
- See RAM literature sheets:
Value Options & Compliance Items.
RAM OHE CMG GTSIO-520 Engine Overhaul Specifications
Exchange Engine Core Policy.
- Your air / oil separator must be properly cleaned prior to starting your newly installed engine. Send your separator to RAM for a proper cleaning at no additional charge or use the suggested field cleaning procedures outlined in the Service Tips for Cessna 421 Air / Oil Separators. Failure to properly clean the air / oil separator may result in engine contamination and failure not covered under the RAM Warranty.
|Optional Parts and Engine Installation Items
- Wastegate and actuator - each - OHE: $1,700 [ Core charge: $300 ]
- Engine shock mounts - Engine Set of ( 4 ) - new: $1,168
- Engine control cables - Throttle, Prop, Mixture, Alternate air - each - PMA new: Call
- Exhaust slip joint with hardware - 421C type - each - PMA new: $355
- Turbo-wye assembly - 421C type - each - PMA new: $3,499 [ Core charge: $775 ]
- Hose kits - Teflon™ with Integral firesleeve
• Fuel & Oil primary hoses - per engine - new: $2,454
• Hydraulic - per engine - new: $599
• Air conditioning - per aircraft - new: $435
- Propeller unfeathering accumulator - Source for contaminating engine oil.
RAM recommends older accumulator be disabled unless replaced by a newer unit.
Each - OHE: $875 [ Core charge: $400 ]
- Duct: Turbo to intercooler (LH), induction air: $1,249 PN: 1213-1
- Duct: Turbo to intercooler (RH), induction air: $1,249 PN: 1213-2
- Duct: Air scoop to air filter canister: $114
- Upgrade from standard massive plugs to fine wire spark plugs.
Per engine - new: $840
- RAM Parts Catalog - Engine and installation parts. Ask for a free copy.
- New 100 amp Alternator Package:
Hartzell Engine Technologies ALV9610 with nut, thrust washer, cotter key, and
overhauled alternator drive hub. When purchased with an engine RAM will install for
no additional cost. (Retail $2,181) Only when purchased with a RAM engine:
$1,662 each - Exchange
- Cooling Shroud Kit for dry vacuum pump - New: $58 each
- Cylinder Upgrade Options:
• Upgrade CMG cylinders to nickel: $1,700 per engine.
• Ask your RAM Representative for current market prices for CMG NiC3 cylinders.