RAM OHE Continental IO-520-MB Engine
- Horsepower - 285 hp
- TBO - 1700
- SAP Millennium Cylinders - NE
- Crankcase - OHE
heavy / with 7th studs ]
- Crankshaft - OHE
- Camshaft - RAM high-efficiency - NE
- Starter and starter drive - OHE
- Spark plugs - new
- Magneto harness - Champion - new
- Oil filter - new
- Magnetos - Bendix 200 Series - OHE
[ S6RSC-201 & 205 ]
- Fuel injection system - OHE
- Induction couplings
intake manifold - new
OHE = Overhauled Exchange
NE = New Exchange -OEM or PMA
New = New Outright - OEM or PMA
New Items = Subject to test time,
ferry time and inventory time.
|Kit Components - Packaged Separately and Included
- Air filter - RAM - new
- Duct - induction riser to throttle body - new
- Throttle and control assembly
- Spare accessory gasket set - new
- Baffle seals - RAM pre-cut red silicone rubber - new
[ baffle seals are installed by the engine installer]
- Hardware Kit - riser to muffler
|RAM OHE Engine
CMG IO-520-MB: $40,881
Shipped - exchange, or Custom Overhauled - exchange
- RAM Overhauled Engine TBO Warranty:
100% Engine and accessories for the 1st year, or 500 hrs, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, the engine only is warranted on a prorata basis to TBO at RAM’s reduced minimum accrual rate of only 30 hours per month, thus extending coverage over four years. For complete details go to www.ramaircraft.com/ramtbowarranty
- Exchange Core Policy: Engine, crankcase, exhaust, accessories, propeller, governor,
and hardware items are only sold on an exchange basis, based upon the customer's
exchange of like type and normal runout cores as removed from subject aircraft, and serviceable to RAM's overhaul specifications. Cores should be returned within 30 days of RAM OHE engine shipment, or immediately with a RAM installation.
Non-serviceable core fees will be due and payable to RAM.
- Items not included: Vacuum pump, alternator, hoses, exhaust risers and exhaust parts are not included unless specified by an optional purchase order and a work order supplement issued at the time of engine order placement.
- Propeller unfeathering accumulator: Source for contaminating
RAM recommends it be disabled unless replaced by a newer
Each - OHE: $875 [ Core charge $400 ]
- Crankcase Upgrade: RAM overhauls engines using only heavy crankcases. Upgrade light exchanged core crankcase to heavy crankcase. Ask your RAM Sales Consultant for current prices.
- Crankshaft Upgrade: RAM only uses large diameter VAR crankshafts. If the exchanged core crankshaft is not a large diameter VAR crankshaft additional upgrade charges apply. Ask your RAM Sales Consultant for current prices.
- Customer’s Baffles: RAM will refurbish and install the remainder of the
customer’s serviceable engine baffles and a new RAM SureStand baffle seal kit, if the customer will ship them to RAM at least seven working days prior to engine shipment to the customer. Price does not include replacement of missing or unrepairable baffles. Per engine: $2,400 OEM style baffles only.
|Optional Parts and Engine Installation Items
New McCauley C528 pair, includes new polishewd spinners:
New outright: Without boots: $27,050 With boots: $29,625
- Propellers: New Hartzell Top Prop pair:
New outright: Without boots: $28,647 With boots and airframe kit: $33,280
- Prop spinner assemblies:
Polished McCauley - pair - new: $4,662
- RAM RPS2000 electronic synchrophaser ( w/DER approval )
and two OHE McCauley MC-1 governors - exchange: $6,500
- Primary fuel and oil Teflon™ hoses:
( ea ) engine sets - new: $895
- Engine shock mounts:
( 1 ) engine set of ( 4 ea.) - new: $1,028
- EGT gauge, leads, and 2 probes: range marked - new: $910
- Exhaust muffler - Stainless - each - new: $442
- Exhaust risers - Stainless - each - new: $923
- Vacuum pumps: ( Aircraft with de-ice boots )
• Tempest AA442CW - each - NE: $1,535
Tempest AA3216CW - each - NE: $615
- Shadin Digiflo-L Electronic Fuel Mgmt. System - new: $3,935
[ without avionics interface ]
- Engine control cables - throttle, prop, mixture,
and alternate air -
RAM PMA new - each: Call
- Tach generator - OHE - each: $728
- Upgrade from standard massive plugs to fine wire spark plugs.
Per engine - new: $840
- 24v, 100 amp Alternator Package for airplanes with existing 100 amp alternators: Hartzell Engine Technologies ALV9610 with nut, thrust washer, cotter key, and
overhauled alternator drive hub. When purchased with an engine RAM will install for
no additional cost. (Retail $2,181) Only when purchased with a RAM engine:
$1,662 each - Exchange
Ask your RAM Representative for details on your alternator options for airplanes with other configurations.
- Cooling Shroud Kit for dry vacuum pump - New: $58 each
- Cylinder Upgrade Options:
• Upgrade SAP Millennium cylinders to nickel: $1,500 per engine.
• Ask your RAM Representative for current market prices for CMG cylinders.