Two Engines - OHE CMG GTSIO-520-H
- Horsepower - 375 hp
- TBO - 1600 hrs. per CMG TBO Spec.
- CMG New Steel Cylinders - NE
- Crankcase - heavy style case - OHE
[ with 7th studs ] [ Like core required ]
- Crankshaft - OHE
- Camshaft - NE
- Propeller shaft, quill shaft,
and reduction gear - OHE
- Starter and starter drive - OHE
- CMG/Bendix Magnetos - OHE
[ non pressurized ]
- Spark plugs - new
- Magneto harness - new
- Fuel injection system - OHE
- Turbocharger - OHE
- Turbo controller - OHE
- Overboost relief valve - OHE
- Intercooler - exchange
[ inspect and repair ]
- Induction couplings - new
- Air filter - RAM - new
- Metal baffles - exchange
refurbished and painted ]
- Baffle Seals - new
RAM SureStand red silicone rubber ]
- Oil cooler: Flushed and inspected - exchange
- Precision balance - exchange
[ crankshaft and rod sets ]
- Core Return Policy - See:
RAM Exchange Core Policy Below.
- Also see:
RAM Value Options & Compliance Items
OHE = Overhauled Exchange
NE = New Exchange - OEM or PMA
New = New Outright - OEM or PMA
New Items = Subject to test time,
ferry time and inventory time.
|Installation Parts - Included
- Wastegates and actuators - RAM - OHE
- Engine shock mounts - new
- Induction duct - scoop to air box - new
- Induction duct - throttle body to intercooler - new
- Exhaust slip-joints - PMA - new
- Air / oil separator - inspected and repaired - exchange
- Coupler - turbo to throttle body - new
- Primary fuel and oil hose kits - heavy duty - Teflon™ - new
|Upgrade Kit - Included - 421B
- Propellers - Select a 421B Package: ...Option 1 ...or, Option 2 ...or, Option 3
- Governors - McCauley MC-1 - exchange
- Right propeller control cable - [ when applicable ] - new
- Propeller Synchrophaser - RAM RPS2000 - [ DER approved ] - new
- Shadin Digiflo-L Electronic Fuel Management System
[ without RAM connecting the avionics interface ] - new
- EGT gauge range marked - new [ with Alcor probes - new ] [ Leads as required. ]
- 3-in-1 engine gauges - check calibration and range mark
- RAM STC - Cruise climb @ 35" MP / 1950 rpm
MP - check calibration and range mark
|RAM Overhauled Engine TBO Warranty
|100% Engine, propeller, and accessories for the 1st year, or 480 hrs, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, the engine only is warranted on a prorata basis to TBO at RAM’s reduced minimum accrual rate of only 30 hours per month, thus extending coverage over four years. For complete details go to www.ramaircraft.com/ramtbowarranty.
Exchange Core Policy: Engine, crankcase, crankshaft, internal gears, exhaust, accessories, propeller, governor, and hardware items are only sold on an exchange basis, based upon the customer's exchange of like type and normal runout cores as removed from subject aircraft, and serviceable to RAM's overhaul specifications. Cores should be returned within 30 days of RAM OHE engine shipment, or immediately with a RAM installation. Non-serviceable core fees will be due and payable to RAM.
The current replacement cost for a GTSIO-520-H propshaft from CMG is $21,252. We encourage customers to send an overhaulable core replacement if at all possible instead of incurring the core replacement cost if their prop shaft is not overhaulable.
Installation and Set-up
- Each aircraft receives a detailed preflight and flight inspection to
ensure airworthiness and to document performance of instruments, flight
controls, landing gear, accessories, lights, and avionics.
- Discrepancies are brought to customer’s attention. Unairworthy items must
be repaired at customer’s expense during RAM proceedings in order for RAM
to set up, fly, and deliver the finished product.
- Old engines are removed. Engine beds are cleaned. Mount structures are
inspected and corrosion treated. Four hours labor per engine is standard.
- Due to its tendency to contaminate the engine oil supply, if installed, the
propeller unfeathering accumulators will be disabled unless optionally
replaced with a newer unit. OHE: $875 / each
- Applicable RAM R.O.I. Installation Parts and Upgrade Kit are installed.
- Engines installed & setup, involving multiple flights and fuel.
- Aircraft washed. Interior cleaned prior to delivery and customer acceptance.
- Remove, clean, and reinstall the air/oil separator on all 421C and late model 421B (after serial number 500).
- New Hartzell C3D-050 propellers - [ with new spinners, bulkheads and de-ice ] - NE
Hartzell has greatly improved the accuracy of manufacturing, reducing blade-to-blade weight and aerodynamics variability and ensuring blades that are free from even the most miniscule suface flaws. The end results for pilots and passengers is smoother running propellers.
|Optional Parts and Engine Installation Items
- New 100 amp Alternator Package: Hartzell Engine Technologies ALV9610 with nut, thrust washer, cotter key, and
overhauled alternator drive hub. When purchased with an engine RAM will install for
no additional cost. (Retail $2,181) Only when purchased with a RAM engine:
$1,662 each - Exchange
- Cooling Shroud Kit for dry vacuum pump - New: $58 each
- Air Conditioning Hose Kit: - New: $545
- Cylinder Upgrade Options:
• Upgrade CMG cylinders to nickel: $1,700 per engine.
• Ask your RAM Representative for current market prices for CMG NiC3 cylinders.
Three Complete RAM ( R.O.I. ) Packages
Installed at RAM - exchange
- RAM OHE CMG GTSIO-520-H engines
- Installation Parts - Included
- Installation and Set-up
- Governors - McCauley MC-1 - exchange
- Propellers - Select an option by propeller: 1, 2 or 3
- RAM ( R.O.I. ) Option 1.......$175,608
Reuse Customer's Propellers
[ To reuse, propellers must be airworthy. ]
- RAM ( R.O.I. ) Option 2.......$186,608
Overhaul Customer's Propellers
[ Overhaul is a condition item ]
Additional charges apply if OH exceeds $4,500/each. ]
[ If present, de-ice boots replaced with new ]
- RAM ( R.O.I. ) Option 3.......$202,540
(a.) Hartzell - New Propellers - NE
[ with new spinners & bulkheads ] [ Includes De-ice boots - new ] [ reuse slip ring]
(b.) McCauley C516 Propellers- NE [add additional $7,093]
[ without spinners & bulkheads ] [ Includes De-ice boots - new ] [ reuse slip ring ]